Southeast Side Civic League Headquarters

Southeast Side Civic League Headquarters

Files

Creator

    Preview

    image preview

    Identifier

    10022680

    Description

    Southeast Side Civic League headquarters building, at 2301 Evans Avenue in Fort Worth, with a sign above the doors reading "Civic League Headquarters;" undated [ca. 1956-1959]. A separate sign to the left reads "United We Stand to Keep Morningside White, Sponsored by Southeast Side Civic League." The building was formerly owned by the Calgary Assembly of God church. The Southeast Side Civic League, organized in 1947, was designed to serve the area south of Lancaster and east of Evans Avenue. The League's objective was to "promote civic pride within the area, and to seek street improvements, better sewerage, more lights and bus service and segregation of white and Negro residential districts."

    Archival Date

    1956-1959 (Approximately)

    Collection Name

    Margaret B. Carter Papers

    Collection Number

    AR239-15-7

    Language

    English

    Original Format

    Prints, Black & White

    File Format

    JPG

    Rights

    Rights held by The University of Texas at Arlington Libraries, Special Collections. Any use of content downloaded or printed from this page is limited to non-commercial personal or educational use, including fair use as directed by U.S. copyright laws. For more information or for reproduction requests, please contact UTA Special Collections by emailing spcoref@uta.edu.

    Southeast Side Civic League Headquarters

    Share

     
    COinS